Engineer with procurement expertise
SKL International is looking for an Engineer with procurement expertise for implementation of U-LEAD with Europe Programme -Ukraine Local Empowerment, Accountability and Development Programme, Support to improved administrative service delivery, Roll-out phase extension. The position shall be a consultancy contract for a period of 10 months (March 01- December 31, 2020).
The role of the Engineer with procurement expertise
The Engineer with procurement expertise will perform the following key tasks:
- Prepare subcontractor’s bid packages (construction and design);
- Subcontractor submittal management (construction and design);
- Control the quality of services provided by a vendor company developing project estimates including review of payment documents for completed works and delivered goods and monitor fulfilment of requirements of designs, state standards, construction norms and rules;
- Approve a typical project estimate and design in close cooperation with other project experts;
- Analyse technical specifications, requirements, terms of references, technical evaluation reports and other engineering documents provided by a vendor; identify shortcomings and, if required, provide corrective recommendations to the vendor;
- Approve vendor’s technical documentation (terms of reference) for the construction/renovation of facilities and provide it to the construction company/ies;
- Set tasks for the volume of construction, installation, and monitor implementation;
- Cost control and management to project budgets;
- Inspect and evaluate work in progress upon completion to assure that repairs, maintenance, and project activities are performed in accordance with governmental standards and specification as applicable.
- Coordinate the routine of complex technical engineering inspections of the communities for compliance with respective plans and specifications and approve written reports of inspections;
- Ensure implementation and application of environmental requirements/ energy efficiency procedures in the project.
Evaluation of response & selection of Engineer with procurement expertise
Interested applicants should send their proposal as one PDF document, comprising the following documents, to SKL International no later than January 31st, 2020:
a) Up-to-date CV indicating relevant experience and qualifications (maximum two A4-pages);
b) A brief description of the applicant’s motivation and suitability for the assignment (maximum one A4-page);
c) A statement that the applicant will be available to start the position no later than 1st of March 2020.
The Engineer with procurement expertise will be selected based on their specialist competence and suitability matching the requirements described via the link.
Proposals and questions should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org