Project ‘Good governance and citizens engagement for justice, security, environmental protection and social cohesion in eastern Ukraine’
Start date: September 2018
End Date: December 2021
Support Amount: $ 2 464 655 USA
Goals and objectives:
- Strengthening the institutional capacity of target communities in the government-controlled areas of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts, which allows for appropriate conflict response actions and adherence to good governance requirements before and after amalgamation.
- Support the establishment and operation of new or improved institutions with effective measures to provide administrative support to citizens in conflict-affected areas, as well as to conduct state and public consultations.
- Support the creation of effective analytical and planning capacity of target communities and the development of strategies to improve environmental protection.
- Support the implementation of effective mechanisms to mitigate environmental risks associated with the conflict and improve environmental protection in conflict affected areas.
- • Iryna Zhuchenko – Local Governance Capacity Development Specialist
- • Oleksii Pyrikov – Environmental Protection Specialist