Contract & Procurement Officer
For U-LEAD with Europe | Ukraine - Local Empowerment, Accountability and Development Programme, implemented by GIZ, we are looking for a Contract & Procurement Officer (full time 100%) to work in Kyiv.
In the last few years, Ukraine has developed and adopted various laws in favour of an ambitious decentralisation reform, which reshapes the relation between the national, regional and local level and builds institutional capacity. The success of the decentralisation reform greatly depends on the coordination and cooperation between the different stakeholders involved, including central government and regional offices.
U-LEAD is a multi-donor programme of the European Union and its Member States Denmark, Estonia, Germany, Poland and Sweden which was designed to support the decentralisation reform in Ukraine.
The Contract & Procurement Officer will join the Programme Management Unit. The PMU includes the management and coordination of finance, controlling, risk management, procurement and contracts, human resources, as well as event, travel and office management.
Areas of responsibility
- Preparation documents for elaborating contracts to institutions, local consulting companies and long / short-term experts etc., or local subsidies and assists in the implementation (preparing of full package of documents incl. proof reading and translation into English or German, monitoring and evaluating performance)
- Prepares documentation for tenders, including service agreements, and working on specifications for purchasing of materials and equipment
- Collects information and documents for procurement of materials and equipment for other office in accordance with GIZ regulations
- Processes claims of damaged goods
- Contributes to the overall monitoring, knowledge and data management
- Researchs market of services and goods
- Supports in other necessary logistical and organisational tasks
- Responsible for the documents flow and keeping (contracts, proposals, agreements, etc.)
- Applies GIZ standards and rules in administrative processes in the projects
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Master degree and at least 2 years’ professional work experience in a related area, e.g. business management with a focus on finance, controlling, purchasing or contract management or similar area
- Proven experience in the field of concluding and conducting contracts and procurement
- Work experience in the private sector and /or international organisations, NGOs
- Outstanding working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- The native speaker of Ukrainian, excellent command of the English language
- Knowledge of German is an asset
- Team player with excellent intercultural competences
- Strong organisational and planning competences
- Proactive, innovative and hands-on attitude
- Attention to details
- Be able to build relationships with colleagues
- High communication/negotiation skills
- High degree of discretion and integrity
- Ability to work flexibly and independently, also under stressful conditions
Starting as soon as possible. The contract duration is until the end of December 2019.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
We are looking forward to your application in English, comprising a cover letter explaining your motivation and your CV until 17 June 2018.