For U-LEAD with Europe | Ukraine – Local Empowerment, Accountability and Development Programme, implementedby GIZ, weare looking for an Office Manager (full time 100%) to work in Kyiv.
Ukraine has put decentralisation and regional development as a top priority on its political agenda. It is aimed at promoting a viable local self-government and thus bringing a positive change to the people’s life. The Ministry of Regional Development, Construction, Housing and Communal Services (MinRegion) holds responsible for this milestone reform process. Its success greatly depends on the support of all stakeholders involved which is not least created through transparent communication and dialogue that help raise the awareness about the positive effects of the reform.
U-LEAD with Europe: Ukraine - Local Empowerment, Accountability and Development Programme is a multi-donor action of the European Union and its member states Denmark, Estonia, Germany, Poland and Sweden which supports the Decentralisation Reform in Ukraine. GIZ is implementing the U-LEAD with Europe programme in all 24 oblasts of Ukraine and established its main office in Kyiv (the “House of Decentralisation”) in an open space plan which includes different projects that support the Decentralisation Reform in Ukraine.
The Office Managerwill join the Programme Management Unit. The PMU includes the management and coordination of finance, controlling, risk management, procurement and contracts, human resources, as well as event, travel and office management.
Areas of responsibility
- Supporting the Coordination of all office related issues within the programme (procurement of all relevant office items, facility management, inventory, reception, and cleaning of the premises);
- Supporting the Management of the Programme‘s Lease- and Sub-Lease Agreements;
- Contribution to the overall monitoring, knowledge and data management;
- Drawing-up and updating of inventory lists of the project;
- Receiving and handling of questions regarding office and facility related issues and support the coordination of a professional office service within the House of Decentralisation (open space office of 2500 sqm);
- Maintain the office condition and arrange necessary repairs;
- Coordinating the production of visibility items with external service providers;
- Support programme staff in the registration processes (visa etc. or international employees) in close cooperation with the GIZ County Office;
- Supporting the coordination of logistical and organisational tasks;
- Assist in the onboarding process for new hires
- Execute additional tasks assigned by the superior;
- Closely cooperating with the GIZ county office and other project offices in Ukraine;
- Complies with GIZ rules and standards;
- Vocational administrative or commercial degree or equivalent
- Very good knowledge of German or English; Russian and/or Ukrainian are required
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and applications (such as SAP)
- Reliability, confidentiality, flexibility and stress resistance (i.e. adaptability to manage changing work requirements and varying volumes of work)
- High degree of loyalty, self-organization and motivation
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills, ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, solve problems, manage and meet deadlines and maintain a high quality of work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
- Team player with intercultural communication skills, customer and service-oriented attitude
- Proven experience as an Office manager, Front office manager or Administrative assistant
- At least 2 years work experience in a similar position are desired
- Work experience with GIZ and/or other international organisations is an asset
- Readiness for occasional business trips within Ukraine due to different project locations
Starting as soon as possible. The contract duration is until the end of December 2019.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
We are looking forward to your application in English, comprising a cover letter explaining your motivation and your CV until 17 June 2018.